Child and Adult Food Care Program
This is a federal program that provides healthy meals and snacks to children in registered and licensed childcare programs. CACFP reimburses participating programs for the cost of the meals they provide. CACFP is designed as a financial support for providers, as well as technical support to help ensure that children receive healthy meals and snacks.
Children age 12 and younger are eligible to receive up to two meals and one snack, each day. Providers who participate in the CACFP are reimbursed monthly for the meals they serve. To participate, providers must:
- Keep accurate attendance and enrollment information
- Provide meals and snacks that meet program requirements
- Record the menus they serve and submit them to the sponsoring agency on a monthly basis
- Maintain their child care registration or license with the State of Vermont
- Attend two hours of nutrition based training per year
- Meet three times a year with a CACFP administrator in the provider’s program
The Lamoille Family Center serves as the sponsoring agency for child care programs in the Lamoille Valley who participate in this program.
For more information about the CACFP, call 888-5229 ext 151 or click here to email program staff.
In the News
For the entire month of October, when you pick up a reusable Community Bag at the Morrisville Hannaford's (Fairground Plaza, Route 100), The Lamoille Family Center will receive $1! Help support the LFC and purchase the Community Bag today!...read more
Lamoille Family Center presents two workshops for parents in October. Both are free of charge, and one includes a light meal and child care. For complete information click on the links below: Power Struggles: Understanding This Potent Dynamic October 10, 6 - 8 p.m...read more