Child Care Referral
The Child Care Referral Program maintains a database of registered and licensed child care programs in the Lamoille Valley. The program offers information about quality child care, current openings and tries to match family needs with the most appropriate caregiver.
The referral service at the Lamoille Family Center also educates consumers about types of care available, market rates, current openings, child care regulations, and quality child care via the phone, face-to-face consultation, as well as outreach to businesses, community events and many other services.
Choosing child care: things to look for click here
Searching For Child Care: There are three ways to get child care referrals….
1. To fill out a Child Care Referral Form click here.
2. Call us: For personalized help in accessing referrals to child care programs, call 802-730-7806.
3. Search on your own: Search the state database 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to find child care. To perform an e-child care search, go to www.brightfutures.dcf.state.vt.us.
Child care consumer line click here
What it means for a child care program to be part of STARS click here
- Bright Futures Information System – www.brightfutures.dcf.state.vt.us
- Dept. of Children & Families, Child Development Division – www.dcf.vermont.gov/cdd
- Child Care Aware – www.childcareaware.org
Call 802-730-7806 for more information or click here to email program staff.
Events & Activities at a Glance
In the News
Join our Maternal-Child Health Specialist to gather with other parents, guardians and babies! Come socialize while the babes do at any of our Baby Chat groups offered three times a month and our Breastfeeding group on the third Wednesday of each month!
Register today for the free 2-part workshop Talking with Kids about Racism presented by Hal Colston and Rachel Siegel of the Peace & Justice Center and sponsored by Alchemist Foundation!