Child Care Referral
The Child Care Referral Program maintains a database of registered and licensed child care programs in the Lamoille Valley. The program offers information about quality child care, current openings and tries to match family needs with the most appropriate caregiver.
The referral service at the Lamoille Family Center also educates consumers about types of care available, market rates, current openings, child care regulations, and quality child care via the phone, face-to-face consultation, as well as outreach to businesses, community events and many other services.
- Choosing child care – things to look for click here
- Searching for child care – 3 ways to get referrals click here
- Types of child care programs click here
- Child care consumer line click here
- What it means for a child care program to be part of STARS click here
Employers click here to learn more about the services we offer as well as additional options available.
- Bright Futures Information System – www.brightfutures.dcf.state.vt.us
- Dept. of Children & Families, Child Development Division – www.dcf.vermont.gov/cdd
- National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies – www.naccrra.org
- Child Care Aware – www.childcareaware.org
Call 888-5229 ext 142 for more information or click here to email program staff.
Events & Activities at a Glance
In the News
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:00 PM via Zoom To register for Nurturing Healthy Sexual Development on May 4, click here and receive a link. Join Joy Kitchell from Prevent Child Abuse Vermont in a virtual workshop for parents to learn skills and knowledge to develop and...read more
1-2-3 Magic: Who is in charge at your house? April 6 and 13, 2021 6:00-7:30 PM via Zoom Based on the book and video developed by Dr. Thomas Phelan, "1-2-3 Magic" provides participants with parenting strategies for children without yelling, arguing or spanking. Step 1:...read more