Specialized Child Care Services
Specialized Child Care Services offers help to families experiencing stressful and difficult times. These services are intended to increase access to and enhance children’s success in high quality child development programs. Services may be provided directly to families, child care providers, or through consultation with service providers who are already connected with a family.
Are you a parent or a parent, caregiver, grandparent, or foster parent who is:
- Experiencing stress?
- Dealing with a hardship due to extenuating circumstances, and faced with losing your childcare?
- A family with a child who has special health needs?
- A parent who may have a physical or developmental challenge?
- Working with a Family Services social worker?
- Feeling overwhelmed and impatient with your children?
- Feeling like you need help finding resources?
You may qualify for child care support. Please contact us for more information.
Click below to download the necessary applications for Specialized Services Child Care.
For more information about Specialized Child Care, please call 888-5229 ex. 141 or click here to email the Children’s Integrated Services Program Manager.
“For parents under stress quality childcare with specific supports can help strengthen their family and promote a child’s development. Child Care is second only to the family as the place where a child’s development unfolds. Children’s brains develop quickly when they are young, and we know that a child environment affects early brain development.”
Excerpt from Vermont DCF Child Development Division’s Specialized Services Handbook.