The Lamoille Family Center affirms the right of all children* to grow up in an environment that enables them to become healthy adults by encouraging, educating and celebrating families.**
- We recognize that raising children is an important and challenging job for all parents, especially in young families, and that the outcomes of that endeavor have a profound impact on our communities and society.
- We are committed to developing a system of care for children and families that weaves together best practices of professionals, the wisdom and experience of families, and the strengths and hopes of the community.
- Leadership, innovation and collaboration are our underpinning core values.
- To carry out our mission, we work in collaboration with countless organizations, groups, and individuals including: area schools, non-profit organizations, United Way, state agencies, area businesses, and community volunteers.
*The term “children” is intended to represent all young people served by the LFC, from birth up to 22 years.
* The term “family” refers to a structure (formal or informal) that is defined by each individual served and may include (but is not limited to) single parent families, kinship care, blended families, adoptive and foster parent families, and step families.
In the News
As adults struggle with their own reactions to the school shooting in Parkland, Florida—the 29th mass shooting in the United States in the first two months of 2018 alone—young eyes and ears are watching and listening. This article by Jessica Dym Bartlett has...read more
Dabble Day Saturday February 10th 2018 9 am- 1 pm FREE Johnson Elementary School Cafeteria/Gym Special guest: Rockin’ Ron the pirate Shows 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 Come and join us for a day of fun hands on activities for children (infant-2nd grade) and their adult...read more