The Lamoille Family Center affirms the right of all children* to grow up in an environment that enables them to become healthy adults by encouraging, educating and celebrating families.**
- We recognize that raising children is an important and challenging job for all parents, especially in young families, and that the outcomes of that endeavor have a profound impact on our communities and society.
- We are committed to developing a system of care for children and families that weaves together best practices of professionals, the wisdom and experience of families, and the strengths and hopes of the community.
- Leadership, innovation and collaboration are our underpinning core values.
- To carry out our mission, we work in collaboration with countless organizations, groups, and individuals including: area schools, non-profit organizations, United Way, state agencies, area businesses, and community volunteers.
*The term “children” is intended to represent all young people served by the LFC, from birth up to 22 years.
* The term “family” refers to a structure (formal or informal) that is defined by each individual served and may include (but is not limited to) single parent families, kinship care, blended families, adoptive and foster parent families, and step families.
In the News
The Lamoille Family Center is partnering with the Lamoille County Players to offer a "Buy-One-Get-One-FREE ticket deal" for the May 5 and May 6 performance of "Enchanted April" at the Hyde Park Opera House at 7:00pm. It's a true "win-win": you get the ticket deal AND...read more
April is National Child Abuse Prevention month, a time to remember that we all play a part in preventing child maltreatment. Learn how you can build community and hope with children and families. Read...read more