The Lamoille Family Center affirms the right of all children* to grow up in an environment that enables them to become healthy adults by encouraging, educating and celebrating families.**
- We recognize that raising children is an important and challenging job for all parents, especially in young families, and that the outcomes of that endeavor have a profound impact on our communities and society.
- We are committed to developing a system of care for children and families that weaves together best practices of professionals, the wisdom and experience of families, and the strengths and hopes of the community.
- Leadership, innovation and collaboration are our underpinning core values.
- To carry out our mission, we work in collaboration with countless organizations, groups, and individuals including: area schools, non-profit organizations, United Way, state agencies, area businesses, and community volunteers.
*The term “children” is intended to represent all young people served by the LFC, from birth up to 22 years.
* The term “family” refers to a structure (formal or informal) that is defined by each individual served and may include (but is not limited to) single parent families, kinship care, blended families, adoptive and foster parent families, and step families.
In the News
Please join us for a community conversation about the ongoing solutions to opiate misuse and how to help our family, friends, and neighbors in the Lamoille Valley. With Special Guest: Governor Scott June 27th - 6:00 to 8:00 Green Mountain Technology and Career Center...read more
The Open Summer Meals Sites List for 2017 is now available. Summer meal sites are great resources for the entire community, let's make sure that all children 18 and under are able to access free nutritious food while school is out. The Flyer here has information about...read more