Child Care Referral
The Child Care Referral Program maintains a database of registered and licensed child care programs in the Lamoille Valley. The program offers information about quality child care, current openings and tries to match family needs with the most appropriate caregiver.
The referral service at the Lamoille Family Center also educates consumers about types of care available, market rates, current openings, child care regulations, and quality child care via the phone, face-to-face consultation, as well as outreach to businesses, community events and many other services.
- Choosing child care – things to look for click here
- Searching for child care – 3 ways to get referrals click here
- Types of child care programs click here
- Child care consumer line click here
- What it means for a child care program to be part of STARS click here
Employers click here to learn more about the services we offer as well as additional options available.
- Bright Futures Information System – www.brightfutures.dcf.state.vt.us
- Dept. of Children & Families, Child Development Division – www.dcf.vermont.gov/cdd
- National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies – www.naccrra.org
- Child Care Aware – www.childcareaware.org
Call 888-5229 ext 142 for more information or click here to email program staff.
In the News
The Art House shows the third film in its “Let’s Talk” monthly series, Frontline’s“Growing Up Trans,” on Thursday, March 16, at 6:30 p.m. at Hazen Union High School in Hardwick. The film explores the transgender phenomenon, focusing on children coming to grips with...read more
Come put your best fork forward for National Nutrition Month! Dietitians and nutritionist will be available for health screenings and other interactive, all-ages activities. A door prize and community nutrition resources will be available as well as recipe...read more