Child Care Referral
The Child Care Referral Program maintains a database of registered and licensed child care programs in the Lamoille Valley. The program offers information about quality child care, current openings and tries to match family needs with the most appropriate caregiver.
The referral service at the Lamoille Family Center also educates consumers about types of care available, market rates, current openings, child care regulations, and quality child care via the phone, face-to-face consultation, as well as outreach to businesses, community events and many other services.
- Choosing child care – things to look for click here
- Searching for child care – 3 ways to get referrals click here
- Types of child care programs click here
- Child care consumer line click here
- What it means for a child care program to be part of STARS click here
Employers click here to learn more about the services we offer as well as additional options available.
- Bright Futures Information System – www.brightfutures.dcf.state.vt.us
- Dept. of Children & Families, Child Development Division – www.dcf.vermont.gov/cdd
- National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies – www.naccrra.org
- Child Care Aware – www.childcareaware.org
Call 888-5229 ext 142 for more information or click here to email program staff.
In the News
Lamoille Family Center Wins Turrell Fund S. Whitney Landon Award A check for $25,000 was presented at the Turrell Fund Day for Children (Shelburne, Vermont, June 12, 2018…) The Turrell Fund presented its 23rd annual S. Whitney Landon Award to the Lamoille Family...read more
Happy Fathers Day! In honor, we decided it was time to look at fatherhood from a kids perspective - In this video a group of kids are asked what they think about their Dad. Here's what they said! Share this with a Dad you love. Click here for the...read more